If your company is already an IRI member
and/or you need to create an individual online account, please click here
About the Insured Retirement Institute
The Insured Retirement Institute (IRI) has been called the “primary trade association for annuities” by U.S. News and World Report and “the industry's main trade group” by National Underwriter. IRI has quickly become the go-to source for the media and a trusted supplier of high-quality research, neutral FINRA Reviewed materials, discounted continuing education and much more. We are the only association that represents the entire supply chain of the insured retirement income industry: our members are the major insurers, broker-dealers/distributors, banks, asset managers, financial advisors and industry solution providers.
IRI is a not-for-profit organization that brings together the interests of the insured retirement income industry, financial advisors and consumers under one umbrella. IRI works tirelessly to promote consumer confidence in the value and viability of insured retirement strategies and as a respected resource for financial advisors. IRI membership is designed to give you a competitive edge. Our official mission is to: encourage industry adherence to highest ethical principles; promote better understanding of the insured retirement value proposition; develop and promote best practice standards to improve value delivery; and to advocate before public policy makers on critical issues affecting insured retirement strategies.
If your company is already an IRI member, you can automatically receive full IRI membership benefits absolutely free!
Thinking about Membership?
You are not alone! IRI has grown its membership to include more than 150,000 financial advisors and added many new member companies in the past year. Our newest members have given us feedback that they believe IRI resources, such as our new Members Only Website and FINRA-reviewed client materials will help them “grow their business.”
Under the leadership of IRI President and CEO Cathy Weatherford, the former Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner and National Association of Insurance Commissioners CEO, IRI has become a:
- Leading Voice to Financial Advisors—speaking directly to nearly half a million financial advisors
- Leader in Research and Thought Leadership—producing content-rich research studies, reports and publications every year
- Leader in Education—providing the most comprehensive online continuing education opportunities to members of the insured retirement income industry
- Leading Voice in the Media—garnering more than $7.5 million in positive earned media on behalf of the industry in the past year
- Leading Advocate for the Industry—successfully advocating for guaranteed lifetime income to the Administration and Congress, including: developing a summary prospectus for variable annuity products, protecting and enhancing retirement savings incentives, removing barriers that inhibit consumers from attaining lifetime income, and increasing new product approvals by satisfying burdensome product standards
- Leading Solution Provider—bringing the industry and solution providers together to fulfill state suitability training requirements and expanding the scope and implementation of IRI's Straight-through Processing Standards and Specifications
What comes with my company’s IRI membership?
- Company-wide membership for every employee and financial advisor
- 24/7 access to IRI’s one-of-a-kind Members Only Website
- Free downloads of the IRI Fact Book, Retirement Income Guide, and all FINRA-reviewed client materials
- Members-only news, research, sales data, and government and regulatory affairs updates
- Participation in industry leading committees and working groups
- Free practice management tools
- Discounted continuing education and the industry-wide Annuity Training Platform
- One-of-a-kind webinars and FINRA podcasts
- Tailored Member Communications
- IRI Insight (IRI newsletter published six times per year)
- IRI Government Affairs Update
- IRI Midyear Report and Year-End Report
- IRI Research Roundup (e-newsletter with the latest research from around the Industry)
- Press releases
- Product Announcements
- Discounts to IRI Conferences
- Members Only Advocacy Center
- And Much More…
- Download the Membership Benefits Flyer
Contact Barbara Hume today to learn more about how your company can become an IRI member.